View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 10:48 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
PohsFriend

"It kinda kicked me a few months back when I read someone say that there therapist had said they did not wind up with an alcoholic by accident and that quite often an alcoholic's partner is 'sicker' than the alcoholic in some ways."

This caused a lump in my throat. Definitely something for me to think about. I mean, I know I am "sick" because I continue to choose addicts as partners. The difference between AH and me, however, is that I am no longer choosing to ignore my "sickness" and working on getting well.
And that there is the ball game. I never thought I would 'win' at anything on ability or talent but I'm firmly convinced I've got the determination to change, get better than I was and do better next time.... One of my best friends pointed out that I took some criticism from him, swallowed hard, changed and did better and it impressed him. That made me feel better than hearing something good to begin with.

We have a running joke around here - we tell the other one they can't do something if we want to see it done.

I better not over think this... Fine line between too determined to fail and too stupid to know when to quit