Old 01-16-2013, 04:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Johno1967

I'm surprised your sponsor broke anonymity like that. Very poor judgement. If you can go to AA do it. Remember to put your sobriety first. Without it you have no relationship anyway. Since going 12 Step I've completely overhauled my priorities. My faith in a higher power comes first. Its the foundation on which I live. Without it nothing else stands. Sobriety and working the steps comes second. Family comes third. I won't have a family or anything if I drink again. I'm the sole bread winner in the family so my job comes fourth, its only there to provide for my family. If I drink I lose my family, if I lose my job I'll get another one along the way.
You sound depressed. I suffered depression for years and still do after starting recovery. The 12 steps and talking to a therapist has helped me. Good luck mate. BTW I'm an EMT/Paramedic. I'm sorry you lost your job. Being in emergency service is a way of life, a passion. I cannot believe you were attacked and lost your job as a result so I can fully understand how sh*te things are with you. Believe me, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Be strong.