View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 08:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bunkie65

Chloe!
So glad you posted! Feeling awkward may be a better description in my opinion! Never stupid!!! It feels so strange and uncomfortable and scary and we feel uncertain and don't want to imbaress ourself and appear to others as though we are "not perfect" and need some help! We feel hopeless, lonely, frustrated desperate, angry, broken, lost, sad and shamed! Well that's what I felt when I reached out for help and support! Thats just about where i was when i went to my first alanon mtg. So come on in sweetie pie and stay for a spell! You came to a place where you will find a boat load of love and support!

Coming here helps me too! When I can't get to a meeting or don't know what is swirling around in my brain and I need to sort it out before I "react" I can come here! I can also give back and share my experience as maybe it can provide so insight or idea or inspiration or comfort so many reasons to share and give back what you have learned and experienced! And by doing that it also helps me! Helps to put things into perspective!

Your situation with kids, I get it! Tuff at best! Perhaps you can find grandma or sister, friend someone you trust to give you an hour once a week to get out to a mtg! Find one that could work for them!? Sharing your personal life and the "details" is no ones business, and you are wise to save yourself the unnecessary greif of sharing it with opinionated people, even if it is your folks! They mean well im sure! They are doing the best they can with what they have and know to do!

Such a huge part of my life changing journey, being in meetings! I sure will be praying for you and you loved ones! Prayers you can get to some meetings consistantly! Even if its 1 a week its a start!

Do you have any books from narnon or alanon? Maybe you can read at home? I've been to meetings when woman have brought their grand kids in, and brand new puppy! Yep!

As you read were here, not bored with anything about giving back! Posting here your giving and don't even know it!