View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  
frances2011

Woot woot Manz. You expressed yourself beautifully. If he wants to call for coffee, he will. If he doesn't, he won't. It's that simple. Excellent job expressing yourself and telling the Universe you are open to change and possibility and adventure.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MANZ!!! TWO YEARS! So grateful you are here and helping light the way for me and others. Agree with sister-Newby's thought that people can't read minds, that's very true and very wise imo.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY INSTANT! SO amazing that you are now 20 months sober. Well done.

Alrighty, glad I went to last night's networking-y thingy because it was a room full of people I needed to meet and people who were looking forward to meeting me. Some weird coincidences that tell me I was in the right place at the right time.

Dad was good on the phone last night. I was planning to visit but he said he was snuggled in with the dog and didn't want company. That's fine. We made a dinner date for Thursday. He is seeing his Army buddies on Wednesday.

I can't believe step-mom is gone. It's like she just stepped out....and she's never coming back? That's so hard to imagine.

Got two recommendations for family therapists, I will call today. I hope I make a connection with one of them. I hate to sound like an armchair shrink but I did some reading on Narcissist Personality Disorder last night, and my older sister is a match. So many things ring true. Recovery shows me things as they are, not as how I wish them to be or what other people want me to believe.

XO