View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Florence

I used to feel bad about going out without my AH, but part of the reason I felt bad is that I PAID for it when I got home. He would sulk and make passive-aggressive comments about my friends, whatever it was we did, and generally be gloomy and resentful. Then I had to walk on eggshells and reassure him to bring him back into the fold. It was so stupid and such a waste of energy.

Guess what? We are separated and he *still* gets cranky about me seeing my friends. I might be having too much fun. He's sitting around looking through my social media accounts -- and I realized recently, probably SR too -- trying to put a finger on where I am and what I'm doing. Joy!

The cure for your A is for your A to make some of his own friendships, both so he has things to look forward to that aren't dependent on your proximity to him, and so you can live your life without worrying about his abandonment issues. Healthy, supportive friends, ideally. And for you? Loving detachment. Learning to say, "I'm sorry you're bored/lonely, but I have plans and I plan to enjoy them! Ciao!"