View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Justshy

I thought I could handle it

So my RAH just showed up with his mom and a moving van. I didn't know it was going to be today. He had previously said that he was going to sign a 2 month lease, but he just said he signed a year lease. His mom won't let me talk to him. This is what she said to me: "They say he needs to be in recovery for a year. Do you want him to start drinking again? Do you want him to relapse?"
I guess "they" is the treatment center he is going to for his day program. Would they really tell him to leave his wife and kids? I mean, yes, I'm learning everyday that I have made some mistakes and I am a codependent and an enabler, but his dr/therapist is only hearing one side. Is that weird for me to say? I mean, he is doing this because someone is telling him to (his mom and supposedly the therapist and dr). He has said he does not want a divorce, he just wants time to heal. Am I extremely stupid? Is our marriage over and he is just too afraid to tell me? He specifically told the kids he would be gone 2 months, but now he has signed a year lease. I was feeling so good after reading all the feedback from my post yesterday and now I feel like I'm back to square one, sitting in the bedroom with the door closed, crying my eyes out, while my husband of 16 years moves out. Since he started his recovery, we haven't even had a real conversation. I feel like I at least deserve some sort of explanation.