Thread: Framing the AV
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 09:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by blackbeard View Post
I must admit that RR and its principles are appealing to me. However, I have a question for those that follow AVRT. When framing your conversation with your AV, do you think of it as separate from you? Do you think of it as an actual thing?

I hope I am phrasing this well enough to get my questions across. Essentially, I have a mental block when it comes to thinking of AV as an actual, real thing. I can recognize when I want to drink, understand the techniques behind confronting those desires as something trying to hurt my overall self but I still find it difficult to address AV as something that is real.

How do you 'see' your AV? What is your AV, to you? (For those that follow this path to sobriety)
My Beast/AV are only real to me in the sense that AVRT brings them into my awareness as being against my Big Plan to not now ever drink again, and my never changing my mind. I don't really care much for my Beast/AV, and the more I can be indifferent to It, after using AVRT to recognise my AV as the voice of my Beast, and not of me, the more I simply just move past It, and pretty well just forget about It. My past drinking is really more about my past self, and not anything really to do with me today.

There is no future drinking in my future. There is no drinking in my now. All my drinking experiences are in my past, and even then, in my disassociated drinking past, lol.