Thread: Acceptance
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

"Acceptance ~ is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place thing or situation-some fact of my life unacceptable to me and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place thing or situation as being exactly the way it is suppose to be at this moment. Nothing absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake; Unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and my attitudes."

This is the little note that was given to me when I worked thru acceptance ~
I learned that for me it really wasn't about the unclean dishes, not helping around the house, the lonely times, and all that other stuff ~ what I had to accept was that my partner at the time didn't have mutual respect for me as an individual or as his wife. And then I decided that was not what I wanted out of a relationship.

Today, when Mr.PINK works a busy schedule, he will forget to pick up the dishes and sometimes the clothes happen to stay where they fall ~ I gladly clean up after him ~ why because there is an appreciation of me and a mutual respect. He will thank me for that, apologize for forgetting to do it and offer to help. Somtimes when I'm working both jobs, he has to do that for me ~ Like I said - it's not about the dirty dishes or any other house work ~ it's about the mutual respect of each other as an individual and as a equal member of our home ~

Something I didn't know you could have until I allowed myself to look at the 3 A's ~ awareness, acceptance and action ~

Continued wishes the best for you ~

pink hugs