Thread: New here...
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 07:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chloe1981

Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post
Welcome to SR Chloe.....everyone here understands what it's like to love an addict. For some it is a spouse, others an adult child, some it's a parent or sibling and some it's a significant other.....but we all understand.

Something that is really helpful when someone is new here is if they explain how they are (or have been) coping. What have you done to help yourself through this? Have you attended meetings? What have you read? Do you have face-to-face support? Children? Share a little about yourself so that we can get to know you.

I'm glad you found us but as always....sad for the reasons that bring you here.

gentle hugs
ke
Alright, some things about me.... We have 2 daughters; our oldest is 8 the other is 8 months. Our 8 year old knows (sadly) just based on what she has heard and seen that her Dad is "sick".. My husband was sober for 2 years and relapsed in March 2012 with Opana. From March until October has been the worst months of my life. He has been clean since October 21. He is in drug counseling. We also go to marriage counseling and I do individual counseling. I haven't gone to any narc-anon meetings. I am struggling with seeing this as a disease. I am hoping I learn to accept it as one, though. I am a co-dependent. I try to control everything in hopes that he won't use. I am slowly learning and accepting that I have nothing to do with it. If he is going to use then he will. He was not at the point of using everyday. He would use for a day or two and then stop for a week or two. ( He also is on suboxone which I hate)... Anyway... we have made much progress since October. But I still think I need more support. I kept this a secret from my family until October. His parents know about it, have been very, very helpful to me and our daughters. They are wonderful people. Their other son is also an addict. ( Husbands younger brother) and was the one who introduced my husband back into the world of drugs last March.
Sooooo.. I feel like I am just giving pieces and parts of my story, but Im not sure what I should share. I don't want to live in the past . I am trying to live in the present and forget the past.