Old 01-07-2013, 04:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Said

Oh, Narcissistic Personality Disorder? Yes, since the addict is inherently selfish and self-centered, I can definately see the comparison. I really don't dislike myself as much as the other person; when I was in the relationship, at least I was wondering why he would put me down/ignore me when I got excited about something I had done or wanted to do- I had moments of clarity when I wondered what he found so "wrong" with me. It's sort of like something I read in another post- "didn't like him but thought I loved him..."
And speaking of boundaries, getting ready to jettison an ex from 7 years back who has never respected my boundaries-makes plans with me then dissapears, etc.-a real precursor to this latest louse. I'm just going to explain that I don't need people in my life anymore that disrespect me. Also, have got 3 people in my life now that are "interested" in me, but I am not planning to get in to another primary relationship before I'm ready; maybe another year or more. I don't need to "line up" someone to keep me from being alone like XABF. Learning a lot in the program. Wish me luck and thanks for letting me share-this is not goodbye, however, just a heartfelt thanks to all of you for your continued support!