View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 06:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
UnhappyHour

^Thanks Delilah... I too love wine and the rituals & culture that go along with it. Unfortunately I know I can't just have one or two glasses in casual appreciation. Once I get started I have to keep going. And that is where alcohol has become very ugly for me!

I remember during college when I rarely drank, my roommate and I hosted a party and bought a case of beer and 1.75L bottle of cheap vodka for our guests. After the party was over- most of the vodka was still left and we put the bottle on top of the fridge. A year later, it was still there, untouched! That would never have lasted more than a few days to a week at most in my recent past!

Today was Day 2 for me.

I expected to wake up feeling fresh and happy but that was not the case. I felt like I had just woken up from a bad nightmare that I didn't remember. And I was REALLY tired and overslept. My body felt sluggish as if I were hungover, even though I hadn't had a drink the night before this time.

Then I went to the store this morning and bought tons of organic veggies and fruits. I looked at my full cart and thought, wow this is going to be quite a bill at checkout. But to my amazement the final cost was less than half of what I had expected- because this time I didn't buy my usual assortment of wines that I stock up on (the $8 "weekday daily drinking" bottles, and the more expensive "special" wines for Fri nights and weekends) !

Got home, rummaged out the juicer in my kitchen and made 2 quarts of juice from organic kale, carrots, apples, celery, cucumbers, and ginger. Had a couple glasses so far today and feel like it will help my body get over this sudden change.

This seems like I'm just at the beginning. Looking forward to feeling better.

Unhappy Hour