Thread: My boyfriend
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
secondwind

Originally Posted by dasiydoc View Post
This may not be popular as I have had someone tell me already over and over, that they believe a person has to commit to a strong recovery program for life. I wont argue some people need that, but to me that is like saying all fat people have to commit to a strong weight maintenance program for life. When really most people are able to get treatment, resolve emotional causes, allow their body to recover, learn behavior modification techniques, and then practice what they have learned, regulate and maintain their balance on their own. I actually find it insulting to say the majority of people in the world are incapable of this. This is my belief. Everyone else can believe what they want.
What you just described is a strong recovery program, imo.

There are many paths to recovery to choose from - therapy, meetings, self help work. There not one recovery program that works for everyone. But it is for life. Once that "fat" person stops working their program they will get fat again. That fat person might go to the gym every day for months to get to a healthy.weight... once they are at that weight they might be able to just go twice a week or once a week and find other activities like mountain biking to maintain.

Ugg i really hate this "fat" talk... lol.

If your BF was an overeater and was putting on weight it wouldn't effect you right now so much. A few pounds but really fun to be with and he was still active. Ten years down the road that weight he is still gaining is going to effect his health and activity level... that will effect you.

Carrie

The Belle Of The Ball