Old 01-03-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
georgiagirl5

My heart goes out to you. I totally get it.But actually NA or AA can cure you if you do the work. It did for me. I got sober from alcohol at 25 years old. I went to meetings almost every day for five years. I have never drank again. 10 years of alcohol. When I stopped going to meetings it was not too long after that I found opiates. Now I am trying to kick that.

In recovery, I believe you must trust that there is a Higher Power. That is crucial. I say that because believe me there is no way I could have gotten sober from drinking at 25 when all my friends were still partying and drinking all the time. My Higher Power did it when I did the work. There is no other explanation that I could get sober at that young age than my Higher Power. (For me, Jesus Christ). I absolutely loved to drink and party. To think I have not had a drink in 10 years is nothing short of a miracle that my Higher Power gave me.

My Higher Power is helping me kick opiates too. Whenever I ask for His help it comes. If I do the footwork He does the stuff I cannot do.

Hang in there. This is all very tough but you can be sober for the rest of your life.