Thread: Hi all :)
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Snoopy101

Hi all :)

Just joined and wanted to post! Been drinking daily (6 beers) for the last 2 years and its time to stop!!

Actually never tried to stop before, I'm a workaholic it seems normal for me to work 12-13 hours a day every day and drink my way through the evening, while working of course!

Decided to quit cold turkey a few days ago and poured every drop of beer down the sink.....it was emotional…..much more than i thought it would be!! Got a little anxious and had to take a few deep breathes.

Been suffering with the flu since, don’t actually think it’s a direct result of quitting but it’s been a blessing in disguise. Too ill to drink. I'm now starting to feel better and yes I don’t desperately need a drink but the fact its crossing my mind is worrying me

Drinking for me is a huge part of my routine! Never feel the need to drink during the day, thank God. It's on the way home i pick up a six pack and dinner and the de stressing beings.

Really need to stop, would like to think i could one day go back to social drinking but at the moment I think stopping for as long as possible is the best course of action.

Not much else to tell, it seems really simple just stop buying beer! Think the biggest thing to deal with will be the boredom!!!!!! Thanks for reading.....this really is cathartic