View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 10:06 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
YVRguy

Hi all

Wow , lots of posts since I was on last. Day 118 and I have a simple and safe plan for tonight New Years eve in my current time zone.

Sorry to hear of your loss SBTS. Never is a good time for losing family.

I look at 2013 as a year for healing done one day at time. Staying in the present and seeing acceptance as the default position to my problems and allow me time to consider what next has helped get along the last while.

I have not really struggled too much through the holidays in terms of either craving or nearing a drink even with opportunity to do so. My surrender seems to be holding each day as I know I am totally powerless and that first drink is the absolute blind spot I need help with. For those struggling , don't give up. I sure had to dance with the devil for over 30 years to even get to this point....and I am just grateful for today where I have no need , desire or anything for a drink. I see what life became and what life can be without it so I trudge the road of happy destiny one step and one day at a time.

A Happy New Year everyone and really wishing everyone a safe and sober 24. Also friends do not let friends drink and drive. Make sure any friends who are celebrating tonight get home or stay safe.