Thread: Angry!
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 06:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
supportforme

Just reading your post got my blood boiling so I can't even imagine how angry you are. What she said to your children is unacceptable and out of line. If your children enjoy spending time with their grandparents, then I agree with dolly and I would make it clear that they will not be visiting unless supervised by you. I wouldn't waste my time telling her how wrong she is b/c quite frankly you would probably be wasting your breath. If you do decide to talk about the incident, I would wait until you are calmer. You are above this; however, you are protecting your children and they should not be subjected to her dysfunctional comments. If your children are NOT asking to visit, then I would not make the effort. I too made the effort for many years with my toxic MIL. When my kids do ask to see their grandparents, I bring them and supervise. I wish you all the best. Hang in there. I know exactly how you feel. Fortunately, my MIL has learned that I am not playing any more games and will not allow any chaos near my boys. Much more peaceful. I focus on other relationships with family that are not dysfunctional.