Thread: Angry!
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Journey2

Angry!

Quick background.....I am divorced from supposed recovering XAH, 3 children, stuck and confused about moving forward, wondering if i should try again, wondering if I didn't give him a chance when he got out of rehab. He pretty much stays out of our lives ( says its because he doesn't know what to do )

Anyway here's the ANGRY part....I continue to foster the relationship between my x's parents and my children. I often bring them over to visit etc.... Their father does not. And quite frankly if it weren't for me they might rarely see them. So my son is not on good terms with his father and while visiting the grandparents my x showed up. My son did not speak to or acknowledge him.....( the reasons are too lengthy to explain). After their father left after being there briefly his mother (grandmother) proceeded to tell my son he needs to respect his father and she will not allow him to act that way in her house, then went on to say things like you threw him out of the house,he couldn't recover from that, your mother gave him barely any money for the house my son was living in the street. My children were 7, 9, and 16 at that time. They did not throw their father out! The grandparents went on to say that their father is better, 16 months clean. My son then asked well why was he arrested last week for drugs? Their response was he was set up by police out to get him.
Needless to say my son called and wanted me to pick him up and extremely upset by the incident.

HOW DARE she speak my children about such things! Blaming me and them! My x is NEVER to blame, always gets away with his charades!

I want to call her and tell her off! So far I have restrained myself. What would you do? I am so used to turning the other cheek being the better person. But what would a healthy person do....because I think I am unhealthy and broken.