View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aems

Exclamation Not new to this journey

Am making the effort to get off Norco one more time. It's been a back and forth struggle with narcotic pain relievers for 10yrs. I start out using them legitimately for arthritis pain and end up abusing them. The doctor has me on a prescription of 240 5mg tablets a month. This is the most I've ever been on in a single month in the whole 10yrs I've been fighting this beast except for the past year. That's an average of about 8 a day and I know I don't need that many to control my pain.

I have arthritis in my back, and knees and it's been diagnosed as moderately severe. However, I know I don't need this many Norco to control the pain, I just take them because they make me feel full of energy and as sad as it sounds, has helped me to deal with the **** in my life.

This past year I worked incredibly hard to put a sexually abusive childhood behind me and to distance myself from the toxic people in my life. I've worked incredibly hard at this. These people were my family but I had not been able to deal with them because there is narcissism, bi-polar and schizophrenia. They make me feel crazy and I turned to abusing the Norco as a way to deal. Well, as I said, I've worked hard both on my own as well as with a therapist to put the pain and agravation of those relationships behind me. Now I want to get off this medication once and for all.

I've gotten off the meds three different times in the past ten years. Once for a whole year even! But my emotional pain kept me coming back. The new year is upon us and I want to get my life back on track again. I have the luxury of being able to stay at home for this. I am putting my social life on hold for the whole winter in order to do what I need to do to get off these meds. I would like to be free of their bondage come the spring time. I've been thru withdrawls and I'm scared to death. I know about the Thomas Recipe and I know that no matter what I do, it will just be awful. I have a full bottle of pills as I speak and my plan is to do a slow taper with them. In the past I've both done tapers as well as have gone cold turkey. I'd rather do a slow tapper, but I know I need the support of the people here to get me thru it.

Thanks for reading.