Old 12-24-2012, 05:45 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
redatlanta

Hopefulmom - Boy a lot can happen in 24 hours a smiley face because humor is what gets me through the toughest of times.

First of all, are you sure the gf is really pregnant? Remember that in times of crisis A's will say anything - I think I would expect that she is but I would leave room for some doubt until you can confirm.

Children raising children uggghhhh. Where is the gf living? I believe you said she is homeless, carless and possibly jobless?

I have to stick by original advice of getting him out of the house and holding to your boundary. He has even more reason now to get sober I am sure he has no idea the magnitude of what he has created no pun intended.

"It could be worse" that phrase has gotten me through the toughest of times because it is true! It could always be worse. In the past when I have really gotten down on myself when RAH was relapsing or feeling helpless I would think of people I know who would change places with me in a second to have my problems. This gives me clarity, and makes me thank God, or HP or the wind that it isn't worse than it is and it is something that I can do something about (i.e. taking care of myself and making myself happy and letting AH walk his own path without an anchor around my neck).