Old 12-23-2012, 03:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
PohsFriend

Originally Posted by HopefulmomtoD View Post
Thanks, PohsFriend. I am just so disgusted with myself for caving, but mostly with the situation. I can not believe either one of them got themselves in this situation. For God's sake he's only been home from rehab for 5 weeks! As far as I know, she does not use. He was scared to death to let her know that he was drinking again. However, she's very young and works a minimum wage job. His job ends after this week. Neither one has a place to live or a car. What the ****???? And, he is an ALCOHOLIC!!

I can barely breathe.
Imagine if your son was cold sober, 42, well educated, successful and got his GF pregnant two months into her recovery.... Want to adopt me?

Baby boy is wrapped around my neck sleeping while my recovering wife gets some sleep. Parenthood has been transformational for her. I've caved some too here and there... Progress, not perfection.

Just a thought - might be a good time to embrace the GF, like it or not she is family and better if she is shoulder to shoulder with you delivering the "you must get help or get out! " message. She needs help right now too and you can do that without torturing yourself for enabling.

Hang in there. Baby may have poor timing but it's a baby, not a disaster. Laying here with him and both dogs pinning me down is my happy place. My wife drank 4 days out of the last year after 4 hospitalizations the prior year. Parenthood has a ...,sobering effect on people. Congratulations nana! May as well celebrate the little angel.
Try not to catastrophise, he relapsed. He's going back into some form of treatment ASAP...

I get the frantic urge to take action... But lately a phrase I learned here is helping me: "don't just do something, Stand There!". You won't solve it all today