Old 12-18-2012, 05:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
BrokenHeartWife

Originally Posted by choublak View Post
I think the part about them laughing at his addiction is a lie he made up.

I agree...to a point. They likely did make comments that his situation may not be as bad as theirs, but that can be comparing apples and oranges...yes, they're different, but they're still fruit.

My AH patted (and still pats) himself on the back for not being as bad as those in rehab. According to him, "they all looked up" to him as the successful employed one who rarely ever drank during the daytime. Of course, they didn't know that he has a personality disorder which is (in some ways) worse than alcoholism because you can stop drinking and stop having some of the problems with alcohol, but you can't stop having all the ramifications from having a PD.

30 Ambien a day? How does he get his hands on that many pills? And how does he stay awake?

My AH was going thru (and still sometimes is) the cycle of Adderall in the morning and then Ambien to go to sleep. And, when he'd take 2 Adderalls then he'd need to take more Ambien. Ugh. I've tried to tell him that taking 2 Adderalls is causing this - especially when he's "slept in" and taking 2 Adderalls around lunch time is going to make him still "wired" at 11 pm.

Frankly, I don't "get" these doctors that prescribe these things. I'm guessing that my AH hasn't been honest with them (doesn't reveal his drinking problems, etc) and the docs just write Rxs.