Thread: Apologies if...
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 07:56 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Sapling

Originally Posted by Mafalda View Post
Hello. Just to put in my two cents. You are right d , you don't know what we expect from this Forum because many times neither do we ! I remember one of the first times I posted one of the long timers told me " don't come here expecting a pat on the back , and a good for you if you cut back". I found this statement very judgemental. We all come here for different reasons. Some have literally no one to talk to. Others use it as additional support to other things they are doing. In my case for me it is helping just knowing about how others experience their ups and downs and trying to learn from this. I am trying very hard to hold my own judgment and I try to stick to talking about my experiences and giving advice when I can but trying not to judge people and their motives.
One of the reasons I like face to face support...It's easier to understand where someone is coming from when you are looking them in the eye. I think we all try our best here...It's all about stopping the suffering. Bottom line...I don't think anyone is here to hurt anybody.