Old 12-16-2012, 04:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jody675

i come from a family of 3 girls where i am the youngest. my older 2 sisters are 4 and 6 years older than me. when my parents split when i was 4, my eldest sister went and lived with my dad fulltime, and my middle sister and i stayed with my mum. my middle sister and i couldnt stand each other growing up, and my eldest sister was super cool as i barely got to see her. she use to play me and my middle sister off against each other (i can see that now), so my middle sister really did like her. as i grew up i realised what a selfish, manipulating, b1tch my eldest sister was, and eventually cut my losses and lived my life. my middle sister who just wants everyone to get along, tried to fix everything, as did my dad, but i honestly was just happy keeping my distance. i was civil with her if we had family gatherings, but not loving. eventually though my middle sister cut ties with her too. my dad is in the middle and tries to fix everything (as dads do), but i have told him to just butt out. if my eldest sister wants to mend any bridges then she will have to own her own bs, and own up to the pain and hurt she has caused us.

so dont feel you have to own anything that is going on around you. you can love your brothers for the good qualities they bring to your life, without taking on any of their bs. if you want to spend time with one of them because you want to then do, but if you don't want to spend time with another because you dont want to, then don't. but know why you are doing this and own it. you dont have to fix or ignore anything. you just have to own your own opinions in a loving, non judgemental way, and be ready to express them to the person concerned.

hope you have a great xmas.