View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 05:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Mulch

Sounds like you have a good attitude - don't let that go. You will work something out and before you know it the six months will have passed. I got a DUI in October, and never had one before. It was scary (not mentional embarrassing). Here, there is no program that will allow you to drive to work. (I asked.) But we do have a pretty good bus system. Mine is suspended for one year. I already called about insurance - yuck. $$$. And of course there is the mandatory DWI driving program. And lawyer's fees.

I panicked at first, but overall it has been a "blessing" (cliche word , but definitely the appropriate one). I have stopped drinking, I am going to AA, I am seeing a counsellor, my family now knows of my drinking problem and has been very very supportive ... and I am saving oodles of $$ that would otherwise have been spent on booze, and I am saving gas money as well (I take the bus).

Hopefully you will find someone to drive or ride with. Also, this time of year, universities are out .. Do you know a responsible young man/woman who might want to make a few bucks chauffeuring?

Good luck ... This too shall pass!