View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 11:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Junebugapril

What happens when you slip?

I am curious. Not that I have any intention of slipping, but when you slip and start drinking again, is it easier the next time? Or do you still have the cravings? Is it the same each time you relapse and start over again? Or since you know the drill, is it easier?

The only thing I have to compare quitting drinking to, is when I quit smoking. Oh, by the way, this is the first time I have ever quit. I have been sober since November 17th, so I have almost a month sober.

When I quit smoking, I had terrible cravings for months. When I quit drinking, I had bad cravings for around a week. I had to tell myself that "just for this five minutes, I am not going to drink". It worked for me, and it was not as hard as quitting smoking was.

Now I don't get strong cravings, but I sometimes miss drinking, and think how nice it would be to relax with a glass of wine.

I really want to only have to quit drinking once. But I am preparing myself, just in case, because I see so many people who have relapsed on this forum.

Thanks for your comments.