View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 10:41 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
BabyJane

Wow it's really cool to talk to someone who has been on that show and can vouch for its authenticity. I suppose I always had my doubts because some of the reality tv type shows exploit people more than they help them or they exaggerate using editing and whatnot...

You and I have a lot in common btw. I'm sober, my dad is trying to get sober but really struggling. Getting him into treatment has been tough. Money is tight because we've both been in rehab a few times before. This last place we sent him to was awful and he left after 3 days. He says he has about 30 days now but I just saw him tonight and he seemed a little out if sorts which is not a good sign.

I think the whole co-dependency thing rings very true for me as well. My last relapse was partly triggered by my dads drugging and drinking and my moms decision to cheat on him because she felt so lonely and lost. He is now going to divorced, alienated from all family but me and my sister, and dealing with a recent DUI. I hate watching him struggle. We are really close.

Anyway, enough about me and my stuff. Congrats to you. SR is a great resource and I hope you keep coming around to update us on your progress (and your dad too!). I wish you both all the best.

- BabyJ.