Old 12-12-2012, 08:46 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Loopydays

I am thankful for this thread- it has reminded that there are all sorts of people in the world- and clearly you do not have to be alcoholic to be egotistical, selfish, rude, arrogant and judgmental!
You name yourself as "Looking for help" and you so clearly are not.
You denigrate members of AA and Al Anon as being weak and members of a cult, and yet you are churchgoing.
You have sought help in younger days through therapy, and yet show no empathy at all.
You referred to Poh's mention of pride- so it must have struck a bone.
You need a partner in life who must remain strong at all times- be your wingman- IMHO unattainable for anyone to be that way forever.
You don't need to be on this forum- yet you must be still logging in as this is a resurrected post? Why- if life is so balanced for you, why do you feel the need to justify yourself to us lesser weak mortals?

Yes, I am one of those people who finds the attitude you portray as insulting- you were brutally honest in your beliefs and opinions - so I hope you take what I say as my honesty- I would be devastated if I thought my daughter would behave in the manner you have- it's all right to feel and express anger- it's good to work through your fear- it is bullying to ride roughshod over other people's core feelings and beliefs.
And that, my dear, is what you have just done.