View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Remind me why I should let this go

I am pretty overwhelmed with all the drama my family of origin has created in my life in the past month. Threatening my kids well being and my mothering is too much-- anyway, all my siblings took the time to send me messages telling me how hateful I am and how awful I have been to my abusive mother (I'm abusive because I set a boundary and told her I would no longer see her at her home because I do not feel safe there after being barricaded from leaving and my children locked out of her home). So, my siblings sent me a collective message that was ended with "we don't want you to think we are alienating you but we are all choosing to take a break from facebook but please don't think we are blocking you". Obviously it doesn't take a genius to realize that's exactly what they are doing. I confirmed it with a mutual friend and it is gnawing at me to want to call them all out on lying to me.

I don't care that they unfriend or block me one bit but I DO care that they went out of their way to lie and say they were not doing that. I guess that makes them feel better to lie?

My gut reaction is that calling any of them out on their lies and actions is just going to cause more trouble. It is really eating at me though that they all lied to me and actually seem to think that I am stupid enough to not see what they are doing.

Why does this matter so much to me?