View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 03:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
2granddaughters

Originally Posted by Mafalda View Post
Just joined this forum a couple of days ago and it a already has become a habit to check in! I told my husband to lock up his cellar. I also told him we should absolutely not drink a bottle of wine during the week. It has become a habit to drink a bottle with dinner every night. When we go out to dinner it had become a habit to have a pre dinner drink, bottle of. Wine and dessert wine after. Lets get rid of that habit. Meeting a friend for lunch And having a glass of wine or two ( never had more since live in a driving town hence my breathalyzer ). I want to kick that habit too. Those habits are what led to my daily drinking of 4 or. 5. I will keep keep a diary, some form of Accountability for myself. ( and anyone else who might care ) of my pledges. No more meeting with wine reps for the hell of it. Now I am going for moderation but if I can't do that then on to abstinence it is. This is my form of a New Years resolution. Get back to doing more things that enhance my life not doing things that cause me stress. I will check in periodically on this thread to chart my progress in changing my bad habits.
Changing a habit shouldn't take too long . I typed "how long to change a habit" into Google and up popped lots of answers.

Quit your wine for a few days/weeks and you'll be good to go ......... unless you are an alcoholic of my sort.

You should know soon whether you are a problem drinker or an alcoholic.

There is a treatment for both (but don't mix the treatments as that can be deadly). Be honest.

All the best. I hope you do well.

Bob R