View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 06:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bexxed

I am offended, I made that pretty clear, didn't I? I'm not offended by your statement, and didn't disagree with it, but am offended that it was the only thing you could respond to in a post that brought up a lot of the essence of why we drink.

It's interesting, in recovery programs, and the world in general, we sure do get caught up in rules. For crying out loud, I talked to my therapist 15 freaking hours after my last drink, about my very serious other stuff, and didn't mention hey I drink too much.

So, no, not offended, but I would say to you that you might want to shy away from blanket "orders" to someone who is sober one freaking day and is already in therapy in the first place. I think that's coming from a pretty good place and probably the point of my posting was in exploring the "windows" we get where we "can" quit- do they exist or is that something I'm constructing? and my patience, lack thereof, insanity, being a user who is the child of a user, those issues, trust... etc...

But it may turn into a thread about not telling my therapist 15 hours after my last drink that I haven't had one since. Yeah, a little offended. We can keep up this conversation but I'll likely drop out of it after awhile.