View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 07:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
lillamy

You can find it with any web browser, I don't think there's an app you can use (unfortunately; because I can't post from my phone, only read, for some reason).

I'm 48 been single or divorced for 8 years from a womanizer(to say it nicely) and before I go into another marriage I will make sure there are issues that are dealt with. The drinking I believe is the issue for me, possibly a deal breaker.
Well -- I was married to an alcoholic for 20 years, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. You probably know very well how a womanizer can tear down your confidence and faith in your own worth and strength and all that jazz? (We're about the same age and I've been around the block before I was married, so I've seen some of that stuff, too.) I often compare being married to an alcoholic with having your husband move his mistress into the house and pay much more attention to her than to the family, and then get angry when you question his priorities.

You know what I love about being almost 50? I'm too old to waste time. I'm too old to take sh*t from people anymore. I'm too old to care very much what people think of me. And I'm definitely too old to invest in dysfunctional people and dysfunctional relationships.

I'm in a new relationship after that 20-year-marriage. I love having a man in my life. But I love my life more. I'd rather stay single than date, let alone marry, an addict again.

I agree with Box -- no reason to hurry up and get legally and financially entangled. Wait and see. Learn about alcoholism. Protect your heart and yourself. Addiction is ugly.