Old 12-08-2012, 07:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
outtolunch

Originally Posted by Reed30 View Post

But I don't know the real him now that I think about it.

It's likely that you fell in love with your fantasy of the guy you needed and wanted.

And you guys are right I shouldn't feel guilty but it's so hard not to! Especially when he says that his family thought I wouldn't leave him and that he hoped i stayed because he knew I would make sure he stayed clean.

Whoa ! It's not your job to keep anyone clean. Nothing you can say or do that will get or keep anyone clean or, for that matter, cause him to relapse. You are not that powerful. None of us are.

makes me feel bad to read that I didn't care and left him when he needed me and his support the most in his life. But he's the one that lied. I forgot to mention that he started selling too when he was using!!

He's not taking responsibility for himself and instead trying to manipulate you.
I'm just trying to understand... Addicts know they are lying right? the drugs don't make them.

Addiction excuses nothing.

And how much different are thy when they are "recovering" do drugs alter a personality by a lot or not really.

I'm glad I found SR it's def helping me.
Be proud of yourself for putting your own best interests before playing second fiddle to his addiction and two bit manipulation.