Old 12-07-2012, 10:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
4MyBoys
My emotional baggage

For Parents Divorcing an A Won't Admit they have a Problem......

So, I have been busy with court stuff recently. I went to the first day or trial this week. It feels so good to finally be really heard! I was having panic attacks for about a week leading up to it but feel so much better now.

So I am finally getting some real protections for my kids. They are going to continue to see their Dad (reminder, he is an A not admitting he has a problem, who happens to also be a police officer). He lost all his weekday visiting rights. I was able to show that he cancelled on at least one scheduled days a week. (Always Thursdays, I think that is the day he meets with his work buddy for drinks)

We are going to go slow and he will get to try a weekend overnight visist every other week for December and if he can do it without drinking he will get everyother weekend, Friday to Sunday afternoon. Get this though, they are requiring him to use a device called Soberlink. He will have to blow in a handheld device 3 (yeah three!) times a day to see if he has been drinking. It takes a picture of him and sends all the info to a monitoring service. I will get a text immediately if he has had anything to drink. It also has a GPS so I will know exactly where he is. They compile reports for the courts.

Yeah!!!! Hopefully this will help either have drink free visits for the boys or give me some real ammunition against him! This will make him furious because it is the same system parolees have to use. Haha!

Plus he cannot call or text my phone anymore. All contact has to be through email! This is huge for me!

I go to court today to sign it in as a court order. Hopefully he doesnt panic and not agree at the 11th hour. If he does, I think this will make him look really bad though.....

Finally, I think the boys and I may start to be able to move on to a more normal day to day life.....There is a light at the end of the tunnel. My advice, don't give up the fight, and document, document, document! I know this will not be the end for me but it is a huge step forward.

4MyBoys