View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Originally Posted by pattyG View Post
Thank you both for responding. I have been reading the other posts and decided to call the woman's abuse hotline for help. I spoke to a wonderful woman there that pointed me in the right direction. She adviced me to send my ex a certified letter, detailing out the boundaries, that the relationship was over and that i could no longer tolerate her paranoid accusations or abuse. I need to ask that she only communicate via email with me and give things some time/space. If she continues I can then get an order of protection. I don't think i mentinoned it here but she has 2 handguns and a concealed weapons permit.
Hi PattyG,
Not only is this great advice for documentation purposes if further legal help is needed, but it also allows you to document this for yourself. I hope you keep a file or journal and can go back and read this stuff during those times when you feel vulnerable.

I do appreciate the desire to keep things somewhat "normal" for the kids sake. Just be careful. Active addicts can be unsafe and unpredictable.

Peace,
~T