Old 12-02-2012, 05:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
kricket68

Dang Zube, that truly does suck. I am so sorry you are going through this.

I can relate something to you that might be useful from my own recent experience. On Nov 1st I moved into a new apt complex. As I was drinking very heavily until I stopped on Nov 14th, I had a real problem with boundaries. There is a problem tenant here who constantly pesters and begs everyone here for everything. After I sobered up, I just started saying NO! Well she tells me last week when I got paid that she just KNEW I'd drink and why I should and all that. I felt mortified.

Then I learned she did the same thing to another resident who just got out of rehab a few months back She said to him "you need to start drinking, you are so much nicer when you are drunk". Meaning she could manipulate the poor man out of anything while he was drinking. Apparently she had led him to believe for two years that she was his girlfriend because she could literally get anything (money, cigarettes, etc) out of him while he was wasted. He now just says NO!

Don't know if that helps. Just wanted to convey to you that even in such early recovery of my own, I sort of understand your frustration.

Awesome job on 2 years. That gives a newbie like me a lot of hope.

~Kricket