Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Sooooo F-ing P/O'ed at my boss, ex-boss...AHHHH!!!

Notices

Sooooo F-ing P/O'ed at my boss, ex-boss...AHHHH!!!

Old 12-01-2012, 10:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Sooooo F-ing P/O'ed at my boss, ex-boss...AHHHH!!!

In case the title of this thread did not convey how I REALLY feel,...

AAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Thanks, I needed a yell.
Just got FIRED from my JOB on the grounds that I don't really "fit in with the culture anymore"!!!

NEWS-FLASH!!!---I don't "fit in with the culture" because I DON"T DRINK!!!!

A-HOLES!!!

Sorry, I should be happy. I just did not expect to get laid off this close to the holidays, and from a job that I have been sober at for over 2 years. I did have several co-workers who have struggled with my sobriety a LOT more than I...and believe me, it was noooo walk in the park!

How can normies be such IDIOTS that they would prefer me better... DRINKING!!! Not all normies, just a few that I work, or WORKED with.

A-----H-O-L-E-S!!!!

OK, I'm better now. Time to call my sponsor, and get to a meeting.

mmmmph!
Zube
born on November 21st, 2010
Old 12-01-2012, 10:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know when I was drinking I sure didn't want to be around anybody who wasn't drinking... particularly if they used to drink to excess. Heaven forbid it would force me to take a look at my own relationship with drinking!

Sorry for you loss (if you actually liked the job to begin with).
Old 12-01-2012, 11:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks TSDD. I DID like the job, that what sucks. And it was good money. However, not very healthy for my sobriety. Better to move along...

Zube
Old 12-01-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Sorry to hear about that...seems like a flimsy reed of a reason to let someone go after several years at the same place, especially around the holidays.

Ironic that most places would fire you for drinking - to fire you for (indirectly) being sober is a little comical.

I wonder if your sobriety put up a mirror to those who drink excessively and made them uncomfortable, as they have to face their own issues. Or not, who knows.

Well, enjoy the time off while you can. I hope something comes up for you.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

that really sucks zube. thats one of the reasons i dont tell anyone that i dont drink. it's easier for me if they dont know. people are judgemental and afraid of anything different than their own "norm". they're scared of you. truely frightened by the thought that you are your own person. we humans are a wierd breed.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hvave no fear, zube. a door closed and a window will open for ya.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
cfm

Hey Zube, why don't you tell us how you really feel. LAMO

No seriously, you said, they said you don't fit into the culture because you don't drink. Which means they all drink, which means they are not "Normies" anyway. Sounds like a bunch of drunks. This stuff happens all the time and it happens for a reason. But let's talk for a moment about anger. Were not always wrong. Sometimes in our anger were right. But here's the question. ...........Do I want to be so right that I become DEAD right?????.................Do I want to be so right that I pick up a drink?............C'mon, .................Think about this: If I'm angry with you, at that moment in my white seething anger I've just given you complete total POWER over me haven't I?????................Over riding principle of step #1 " I am not to be in conflict with any one, at any time, for any reason...........You sound like a good AA, if your not working there anymore, your probably not suppose to work there anymore...........Just don't drink......PM me if you need help.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I can't beleive this crap. Wtf does drinking have to do with work? Drinking only blurs the mind and decreases performance. What a pile of...

You are so better off without those loosers! Worst thing is that some will end up here eventually and we will be helping their sorry souls.

Best of luck. Hope you win the lotto so you can sue them for all they have. LOL !
Old 12-01-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you lost your job Zube - but I hope something better and more fitting comes along soon

D
Old 12-01-2012, 01:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

I'm really sorry this happened to you, Zube. But, everything DOES happen for a reason. God has a plan for you. Might seem like this sucks now. But what's coming your way if probably even better than you or I could possibly imagine.

Keep at it. You have a right to be pissed, and you are doing the right thing by talking about it and not festering.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~sb

Join me on the great job hunt! Seems there are at least 4 new jobs in my area of interest that just opened up and I was fired on my 18 month anniversary. Terminated, no real reason, although I'm feeling age discrimination here.

Sorry this happened, that reason is quite lame, in my opinion.....

Your better job awaits you, too!
Old 12-01-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody. Just got back from a mtg., and, appropriately the topic was "acceptance"...Funny how stirred up the tables get with a work issue. I'm not alone. LOL.

CFM- you are correct. I have had several people in particular that I worked with going out of their way to convince me that they are not alcoholic. I never said they were (but they are). I can accept this, not LIKE it, but accept it, and, who knows, maybe one of my ex-coworkers will need a lift to a meeting some day. I'm still responsible for that.

On the bright side, I now have plenty of time to go to the really cool morning meetings that I can never make.

Zube
Old 12-01-2012, 04:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Hmmm...the lord does indeed work in mysterious ways...or in this case, obvious ways.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:00 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Decide. Commit. Succeed.

Hey Zube! Long time no see.

So sorry to hear you lost your job. Sounds like your co-workers were less than supportive of your new lifestyle. You're definitely better off without the negativity in the workplace.

Best of luck to you on your new job search.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Dang Zube, that truly does suck. I am so sorry you are going through this.

I can relate something to you that might be useful from my own recent experience. On Nov 1st I moved into a new apt complex. As I was drinking very heavily until I stopped on Nov 14th, I had a real problem with boundaries. There is a problem tenant here who constantly pesters and begs everyone here for everything. After I sobered up, I just started saying NO! Well she tells me last week when I got paid that she just KNEW I'd drink and why I should and all that. I felt mortified.

Then I learned she did the same thing to another resident who just got out of rehab a few months back She said to him "you need to start drinking, you are so much nicer when you are drunk". Meaning she could manipulate the poor man out of anything while he was drinking. Apparently she had led him to believe for two years that she was his girlfriend because she could literally get anything (money, cigarettes, etc) out of him while he was wasted. He now just says NO!

Don't know if that helps. Just wanted to convey to you that even in such early recovery of my own, I sort of understand your frustration.

Awesome job on 2 years. That gives a newbie like me a lot of hope.

~Kricket
Old 12-02-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
High on Life

What is it that you do that it matters whether you drink or not?
Old 12-02-2012, 03:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheEnd View Post
What is it that you do that it matters whether you drink or not?
Hey there The End,

I'm a Sales Rep in an industry that cuts a lot of deals over cocktails, beers on the golf course, etc.

I still perform as well as I ever have, actually I perform a whole lot better on the job sober. My customer base doesn't mind either.

Trust me, I did not see this one coming at all. I was informed by a co-worker whom I trust that the boss liked me better when I was more like him...a drunk. And it is a smaller, family owned business, so I really don't have a lot of recourse.

Zube
Old 12-02-2012, 04:52 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Zube,
Sorry you lost your job. Sounds like it really their loss.
You will be better off in the end.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:26 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
High on Life

This is the same job that was drug testing you when you admitted you were an alcoholic? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but as they say, when one door closes another one opens. Just don't get caught in the hallway in the meantime. And I think you know what I I mean, this is no reason to drink, but I think you know that. Good Luck!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:13 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Question

Originally Posted by Zube View Post
In case the title of this thread did not convey how I REALLY feel,...

AAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Thanks, I needed a yell.
Just got FIRED from my JOB on the grounds that I don't really "fit in with the culture anymore"!!!

NEWS-FLASH!!!---I don't "fit in with the culture" because I DON"T DRINK!!!!

A-HOLES!!!

Sorry, I should be happy. I just did not expect to get laid off this close to the holidays, and from a job that I have been sober at for over 2 years. I did have several co-workers who have struggled with my sobriety a LOT more than I...and believe me, it was noooo walk in the park!

How can normies be such IDIOTS that they would prefer me better... DRINKING!!! Not all normies, just a few that I work, or WORKED with.

A-----H-O-L-E-S!!!!

OK, I'm better now. Time to call my sponsor, and get to a meeting.

mmmmph!
Zube
born on November 21st, 2010
Hi Zube,

Firstly a BIG CONGRATS for 2 years. ........and Frankly you don't sound like this set-back is going to effect your resolve to stay sober.

What in the world kind of job do you have that wants only DRUNKS on their payroll.

If what you say and your productivity or capability was not an issue---wouldn't you have a right to bring a case of discrimination against this company (small or not).

I mean anyone reading your post would think this was insane.
You know we alcoholics have enough going against us , if being fired (simply) for being in recovery and trying to get your life back is legal than we have bigger problems to deal with.

Perhaps it is time to speak with an attorney. JMO

.....but then I'm only a cartoon, what do I know!