Thread: Temptation
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 03:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Natom
Not Alone

Temptation

I've just got back from a night out with a friend, and a friend of the friend. We went to a bar and I just had lemonades and then we went to my friends work party (I used to work for the same company) and hung out there for a bit. I had a lot of resentments about that job. I actually spoke to my old manager who knew the circumstances of my leaving and he seemed genuinely concerned about me.

And it was all ok, no temptations, no urges. Until my friends friend decided to tell me he was going to go and score some coke. Now going and telling me he was going to get my drug of choice was a wise idea because I was gone within 5 minutes. I don't know whether it's the fact I am in recovery or whether it's because I am aging but I honestly don't see the appeal of drinking in bars anymore. It was freezing, people were angry, police were everywhere and I bought one round of drinks for 3 people and it cost me £11. I had to use a £20 note to pay for 3 drinks. Jesus.

Anyways that's my rant. I removed myself from the situation. I am slightly annoyed that my friend didn't tell me about her friend being a massive drinker and drug user though. Maybe she doesn't know. I guess I will have to talk to her about it in the future. But I'm clean and sober and actually warm now thanks for letting me share.

Natom.