View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 09:00 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Kevah

I am six months into sobriety, but started vaping again 3 weeks ago (for the first time since becoming sober) I also do not use my ecig during meetings, in restaurants, at religious meetings, in movie theatres, at work, etc...even though it technically isn't smoking. My group probably would not mind in the least. Although we are a non smoking, non pet group, when someone comes in and asks if anyone is uncomfortable with their pet being there, they get a better response than just showing up with their lap dog. Now, I know dogs and ecigs are two very different things, but it is something out of the "norm". A little respect goes a long way. For others maybe trying to quit smoking without an ecig, it may be a trigger. Which may also be a trigger for drinking. I know we can't be fully responsible for others' sobriety, but I'm just saying it from another viewpoint. If I really, truly, would need a hit of nicotine, I would excuse myself from the room, just like the smokers do if they can't sit still for an hour. However, it all depends on the dynamic of your group. Some groups are cool with these kinds of things, and some are not. I've attended some that get irritated when you just get up to refill your coffee. lol