View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 10:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
kthopkt,

Look, I don't like the holidays, either. For reasons I won't divulge because they're intensely private. But I've gotten to a point in my life where I understand that if I decide something will suck, then it's going to suck. Life can be very difficult, so why intentionally make things harder on ourselves than they have to be.

More to the point, I refuse to give someone the power to make my holidays suck.

As far as what I'm going to do this year, I'm not sure yet. But I'm thankful every day for my friends and family, and even more thankful that my AXGF is long gone. Worst case for me is a Christmas alone. And what I'll likely do in that event is grill a nice New York Strip, have a fire going in my fireplace, play guitar really loud, and watch movies. And I've got a nice 10 year old single malt scotch my brother gave me for my birthday that I haven't opened yet, but will on Christmas. So, by any measure, my worst case day is going to be a nice way to relax and unwind.

My hope for you is you decide that you're going to get through the day and you don't allow someone to have the power to make your holidays miserable.

Best,
ZoSo