Old 11-29-2012, 08:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
EternalWinter

Unsure if I want to make soberity a part of my life

I am 151 days sober, or with out drinking I should say. I do use small amounts of marijuana once or twice a week.

This is such a huge improvement from when I walked in to the detox with a bottle in the car in case I didnt get in. I simply needed alcohol around me at all times as withdrawals would come on rapidly. I was just going in a downward spiral where my life was a huge blur.

Dispite not having touched a drop sense, I am always receiving critisizm for using marijuana. And that I have to change my soberity date. I will call it days with out drinking and its still just as importent to me. Im just not so sure im a fan of the sober community, they think this date means almost nothing becuase Ive been using marijuana.

I do talk to a few sober people who I met at the rehabilitation, I have even talked someone out of drinking, but people still think I dont take this seriously and im just bound for a relapse any time soon.

I am not going to relapse any time soon, I dont plan to stay alcohol free forever, maybe some day down the road I might have no responsibilities I can do it again, if i have to work on that again I can.

Maybe its true, maybe I dont take this seriously and AA and other soberity groups are not for me? I am confused on where i stand. And I dont plan to give up marijuana the truth is i dont even really like it, its for when no one is around and i can watch a movie