View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 07:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
pkrma

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
they really don't realize that for every fun social drink i had with them, i had five lonely sad ones on my own. oh well.
Is it possible for you to share that with them?

Becuase I was thinking, in my case I have friends who have been with me when I've been really drunk and they werent bad, but also when they've been really drunk and I wasn't bad.

So when I tell them I quit drinking, they will say why? You're just like me, a bit too much sometimes is OK, you're not that bad.

But that's because they don't know about all the times I've drank myself into a blackout when I was alone. I got to a point where, a couple years ago, I started trying to check myself out of social drinking situations early just to drink alone, because I felt more comfortable drinking alone. Thats how much I love beer I guess. But, I guess it catches up with you.

Anyways, I know its hard but I feel like if the drinkers you associate with knew exactly where you're coming from, they probably would stop trying to pressure you into drinking. They probably think you don't have a problem cause they havent really seen the worst of it first hand. If they knew, maybe they'd be more supportive. Easy said then done though, I know.