View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 04:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by TheEnd View Post
I have noticed that some of the people that I was friendly with in AA have become noticeably unfriendly since I have stopped going to meetings. And some of the people that I remain friendly with can only speak of my future demise, because I don't have a program.

If I don't knock you for going to meetings, don't knock me for not going to meetings, because there is no proof that either of us is right.

And after almost 2 months of no AA, I am happy where I am and will continue to journey on my path!!!
Everyone is already on their own path no matter what program or non-program they may or may not be "doing"

Many people fail to remain free of alcohol both while in and out of AA, and other programs, fellowships, techniques, paths, what-have-you's...

There are plenty of first-hand stories of people doing well with fellowships/programs. There are also plenty of first-hand stories of people doing well in solitary recovery.

All of these first-hand stories all have their own respective subjective "evidence" and "testimonials of experiences." This evidence is wholly experiential evidence, **which is highly valued in recovery circles**, even though such evidence is not properly, scientifically, empirically sound.

People doing their "thing" is not, imo, so much people knocking others, its more like they are simply being true and honest to their experiences.

I'm not so quick to think folks are knocking me simply because they voice themselves, even when they do so directly about me. My not agreeing with their understandings is my right. So, if I feel somehow offended, while I'm being right with myself, then I'm most likely already sore about something else.