View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 04:30 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Threshold
Grateful to be free

I would find the e-cig distracting in a meeting and would feel that outside of a smoking meeting, it would come off as disrespectful.

I see people walk in and out of meetings for personal breaks all the time, bathroom, smoke, need to pace, make a call, or just can't stand to listen to certain people share, or a share on a particular topic.

I've done personal time outs when I've needed to.

I wouldn't like someone taking me by the hand either. Nor do I know his tone or words. It's hard to hear that something we do bothers others. It's harder to hear when we are trying to NOT bother others and are working hard on our own stuff.

I thought a lot about these things when I was attending meetings, and did try to be sensitive to the comfort of people around me, but in the end, their behavior was on them and mine was on me.

I got more comfortable with walking out when I needed to, and more comfortable with others walking out when they needed to.

In NA meetings, I appreciated that those who needed to take medication etc left the meeting for a few rather than popped pills in front of me.