View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 07:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

Apparently, I don't party enough, so they kicked me out LOL

Yesterday this story had a surreal twist I couldn't wait to share here.

I arrive home and the German roomie asks me if we can talk. I say yes and wonder (did I miss a payment? did I break something?)

She tells me that 'our lifestyles' are too different and that they don't want to extend the contract (ends in January). I tell her I also planned to move out, mainly due to my pets, and plan to leave a month earlier, before the New Year.

Apparently they wanted someone to party with and I did not fit that role

In 2 months I have been there ONE weekend! the rest of them I have been away. I told her that I sleep there 3 nights and that, for instance this week, they have Thu, Fri and Sat to party all they want... and she said that was the problem, that I was almost never home and they were looking for a "friend" not only a "roomie"...

At that point I am like "hmmm I work and I study and I had social commitments this month and I am trying to have a life??"

She said that they also travel during weekends and the parties they want to have are daily, because they just love people and they feel bad because I am not there with them and am upstairs trying to sleep so they can't "be themselves". She explained she works one hour a day and can sleep whenever she wants, and her boyfriend is able to sleep 3 hours only, so they had issues with my need of 8 hours of sleep LOL

(The first party they had? I was indeed there trying not to isolate and they did not introduce me to anyone, so that was not exactly a welcoming atmosphere!)

Another thing is that they only have one car, so often, the German is stranded in the house in the middle of nowhere. So they were looking for a company lady/entertainer for her...