View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 05:06 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Mulch

Absolutely no disrespect intended - my daughter has used an ecig. I think they're pretty neat - but I can see how it might upset some people. Personally, it wouldn't bother me in the least at a meeting. I see it as someone working on themselves with a great tool; In fact, it wouldn't bother me if someone whipped out a bottle of non-alcoholic wine and poured themselves a drink in a wine glass. I'm just easy that way ....

.... But ... I can really see how things like that might upset others .. maybe there are other smokers in the room trying to quit or trying go the hour without a smoke and the sight of the fake cig. is driving their craving crazy.. maybe there are others who have quit and the sight of an "indoor smoke" is bringing back memories/cravings .. or maybe someone who doesn't understand the mechanics behind an ecig. might be taken off-guard .. or maybe just someone who likes to have an opinion or debate on everything out of the ordinary.

Just sayin'. ... It wouldn't bother me though.

As for being pulled aside and spoken to like that, I know that would really bother me ... but ... it's so much better than someone making a fuss about it in front of the group. At least it was just between you and the other guy, and probably already forgotten.

Edit: Btw, good for you battling the smoking addiction. I've never smoked, so can't relate, but my daughter is having a h#ll of a time trying to quit.