Thread: New to AVRT
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 04:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
DejaVu2
Music Junkie

Wanted to add while the thread is still at the top (no intentional bumping here) that I'm reading through the discussions and copy/pasting posts that I think can be helpful. I know he won't have enough time in a year to finish reading all the discussion posts and so I figure if I can highlight some important ones or ones I think will "click" with him than he could read through (still turning out to be a lot of information haha)

-One thing I'm finding difficult to wrap my head around is that it's claimed that recognizing is enough. I have read it a few times here and elsewhere but it's also claimed that there's more to it. Is that not the most contradicting thing ever? Hmm...

Maybe because I can't put the technique to work in my own mind I'm having a difficult time seeing the "poof" effect of the monster's AV. People explain that it's a simple observation and the AV shuts up. I suppose if they say it works that way in their mind that there's something to it. I just feel like this thing is powerful, how could something so simple just make it shut up after being looked at for what it is?

-Not picking apart the technique or am I any way against it, just trying to understand the best I can.