Thread: New to AVRT
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 03:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
DejaVu2
Music Junkie

Thanks guys,
He knows as well as I do that this something he has to do on his own. I've always known there to be nothing I can do to really "help" I'm here for him in moral support and the researcher. He works 15+ hour days regularly and so that makes some things (like getting on SR or researching) kind of difficult.

He was clean for 2.5 years and fell to temptation early October and since then hasn't gone two weeks without it. Today marks 14 days and I'm hopeful but still know there's a lot of work to be done on his part to really kick this thing. I believe in him though.

So when you say "separate" from it... are you telling yourself it isn't a part of you?
I'm lost on all that, what goes through your mind kind of thing. I know there's more to it than labeling it I'm just having a hard time understanding what to do with it after you realize what it is lol.

Will definitely read all the discussion threads on AVRT thanks for recommending and I will be looking into the book as well.

-
Thanks for the info.
I guess I will read up and wait on other replies as well; I know there's more of you out there
Trying to understand fully what would go through one's mind and in the course of separating from it what exactly it is you're doing.

Off to read.