Thread: New to AVRT
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 01:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Hi and welcome DejaVu,

AVRT is not about being against our AV or our respective Beast. It's not about fighting. Its using Addictive Voice Recognition to identify and separate ourselves from our addictive desires, and our own thoughts from addictive thoughts and ideas.

We separate so as to be free and clean and get on with our lives. All the addiction mess is left behind. AVRT is a learned skill set, and since it's learned, it's skills can be taught and passed on to others.

AVRT is still though very much a personal experience. Many people freely use AVRT in different ways and means as they see fit.

Your husband (and you too) reading up on AVRT in the book mentioned by ReadyAndAble, as well as the ongoing Parts I,II,III,IV, and now part V of the AVRT thread, now carried by Dee74 in this forum, is a great start to get a grounding in proper AVRT.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-5-a.html

It's alot of reading, and well worth the effort.

You and your husband will learn the differences between addiction ambivalence struggles, and personal struggles. You'll also learn about how the Beast (Monster) is simply abnormal addictive desire, and how AV is to Beast as bark is to dog.

I have every hope for you and your husband to be successful in your efforts. Eventually of course, the responsibility is that of your husband to own up to his own addiction responsibilites. I mean, others can only do so much for us to help out, and then the ex-addict needs to follow through on their own, leading the way of their own recovery and finally into being recovered.

With AVRT one eventually and simply just dosen't drink or drug anymore, and they simply get on with living a good life sans alcohol/drugs. It's more an event with AVRT and less a process, as will be discovered.

Hope this has been helpful.