Old 11-25-2012, 06:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rose2012

Originally Posted by Wildflower7777 View Post
I am thinking that if I let go, he may decide to get treatment and our relationship has the possibility of growing beautifully, because we do love each other. The other possibility is that I know what I don't want, so I can now be available to relate with a man who is capable of relating and with whom I won't have such a hard time.
You finally putting your foot down could be the catalyst he needs, kind of an intervention isn't it? It always makes me sad to see that one person is so loving, forgiving and patient of the other who is using, yet the user is so lost in addiction that he/she doesn't realize he/she is about to lose something so special. I can relate personally. I really do feel your pain.

Originally Posted by Wildflower7777 View Post
I am not sorry that we were together and I do love him but love us not enough.
If only love were enough? I think that you are really supportive of him, but life is just too short to compromise your own happiness. You've given it a year...that's a really long time to settle for someone who chooses addiction over your relationship don't you think? Such a terrible situation. There's no decision you can make that will be easy.