View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 09:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MegTheRunner

Giving booze not recieving it

Happy Holidays everyone, hope all is well. I'm doing good, almost to 90 days.

I'm writing because many of my family members have birthdays this month and I realized that I keep going to the liquor shop to pick each of them up their respective bottles (wine for mom and brother, beer for dad, etc). At each of the holiday parties I attend I will be giving more wine and lets not forget Christmas... It's kind of ridiculous how much everyone drinks and how they're all happy receiving alcohol for it is a gift which will certainly be used.

My family and friends know I stopped drinking, so it will be interesting to see what shows up in my stocking this year.. They'll probably throw me cash and giftcards (another standby which hey I'm happy to have).

I guess I just wish everything didn't revolve so much around drinking. That's all they do! Get together, drink. Go out to lunch, drink. Have a holiday, drink.

I spent yesterday with 3 family members who don't drink. It was nice. I opted to stay away from all the drinking. I don't mind being around people who drink but right now things are a bit fragile for me so I know I need to be careful. Don't want to give myself any additional reasons or rationale to drink.

I do wish the holidays were only about being together and not so much the gift thing however, people would drink anyways right? This year I'm going to try to think of other things to give but I know that booze is still the number 1 choice.

I'm off to lunch now with a few other family members to watch them consume wine... Thanks for listening to me vent. Have a good one, stay strong.